In this dynamic nature of the current world, everything which comprises has meant that people have very less time to perform routine tasks. As an outcome of this, people are aggressively looking for the solution which can simplify their tasks with minimal effort. Therefore, the emergence of on-demand service providers is one of the greatest upshots of this development. Where these business helping you performing regular or day to day activities or instead do it themselves with an exchange for a small fee and if we consider the utility which they offer then maximum consumers are more than happy to bear the extra costs. This particular consumer attitude has ensured the number of on-demand service providers is increasing with each passing day where the most popular among them is "Uber" Taxi Booking App. Uber and other taxi-hailing apps have been the biggest recipients of the current trend, and their greatest USP is to ease with which they can be operated.
How does Uber Works?
Uber is a digital marketplace which connects passengers with drivers, where the app confirms and completes the connection in a few simple steps.
· Request- Here customer sends a request for a cab through the app, along with the destination.
· Allocation-In this feature, driver has an option for accepting or rejecting the request, and if the first contacted driver denies the ride, then the ride request goes to the other drivers.
· Ride- Driver comes at the pickup point and drop to the customer requested destination.
· Payment- Once the ride gets complete, and then the customer has to pay the necessary fare.
· Rating and Feedback- Here customer can rate the driver based on his or her ride experience.
Complete Ecosystem of Passenger, Driver, and Admin:
The core function of ride-sharing platforms is to connect the consumer with the supplier, where the service needs to perform through 2 separate, but connected mobile apps, where one will be with driver or another will be with a passenger, and the one which works as a central hub is admin panel.
So, below are the given most essential features for each component that are crucial for developing a taxi-riding platform:
Passenger App – Features
· Registration/Login – A login screen where a user needs to register on an app by their email or any social media account.
· Booking interface- Users can save their trip details including their destination through the booking interface.
· Tracking- It allows the user to track the availability of drivers.
· Pickup Location- Users can set their pick up location from where they would like to initiate the ride.
· Cab Preferences- In this feature user can choose the type of cab they want.
· Fare Calculator- This feature enables a user to calculate their expected fare.
· Live tracking system- Here user gets live updates of the booked cab.
· Payment- Right after completion of the ride, a user gets fare detected through payment API, along with that it auto-generated payment slip for making the payment.
· Booking History- It provides the user's all details in regards to their previous trips.
· Reviews and Ratings- User has the option to give feedback on overall ride experience.
Driver App – Features
Register- Once the profile gets approved by precise verification, and then drivers also need to register from the mobile app.
Driver’s profile and status- This feature provides drivers detailed verification by authenticating their information also the status will show their live availability.
Ride Request alerts- This feature provides the notification in regards to new booking and which also allows a driver to accept or cancel the trips.
Price Estimation- It provides the trip ride with relevant deduction such as coupons and discounts.
Booking- This allows the driver to accept or reject the incoming booking requests.
Booking history- This feature provides the driver to check the booking history of completed and canceled rides.
Track Earnings- This feature allows drivers to track their daily earning, and other pending payments.
Admin panel is a web-based application which not only manages drivers or passengers app activities, but it also allows the navigational routes for drivers, as well as it helps drivers to analyze their earnings and customers review. Henceforth, the Admin panel is a vital part of any cab booking app.
How Much Does it Cost for Building an App like Uber?
So, as you know how to build and app like Uber with its given features, now it’s time to consider how much does it cost to build an app like Uber. Where the cost occurs for developing the entire platform is complex, and it also involves multiple factors.
Below are the given essential factors, which are directing the cost of building a Taxi Booking App like Uber:
· The number of platforms you wants to support for both passenger and drivers app.
· Number of features you want to integrate.
· Market ready app or just an MVP.
· User interface
· The iteration that has to be supported post-launch
Cost of building an app like Uber will be approximately $4,000 to $25/per hour whereas it majorly depends on the complexity of the platform.
So, for wrapping up if you want to clone the Uber taxi app then you need to put a lot of insight resources and experience from the field of taxi-booking mobile app development because technology can be the best companion if it uses appropriately.