Can you improve the quality of an existing service and offer it only on demand? If so then you probably a next Uber. Apps like Uber helped consumers and business both. It’s a perfect taxi app which helped travellers to find the right cab service with the convenience of using their mobile. Uber app has taken the traveling experience of consumers to the next level by adding choices with comfort.
On the other hand app like Uber has also helped taxi owners and drivers to get more business and appropriate payments for their services. There have been many businesses who have to surpass the success of Uber and have created similar taxi apps, only to reap similar rewards. Therefore, an app like uber continues the talk of the town and so does its services as well as their business model.
Below given is the guide through the essential development:
The foremost thing you need to know about developing an Uber clone is that you have to build two imperceptibly different apps which would be connected to your admin portal one for the customers and one for the drivers.
App for the passenger with the essential features
· Register/login page: The best way to offer social media integration for registering through an email option is also ok.
· Booking interface: A screen where a customer will input their travel data and hail a cab
· Fare calculator: It helps to see the estimated fare, prior booking the taxi.
· Rating and reviews: Feedback left by customers on the driver, the trip.
· Messaging: Helps to contact with the driver and settle the detail like pick point etc.
· Payment: Users receive a fare quote and pay it, in the app itself using cash, wallet, debit and credit cards.
· Push notification: Keep the users updated with all the necessary booking progress as well as offers.
· Ride history: Display details of all the previous trips and receipts.
App for the driver with the essential features
Some of the features in driver app will be the same as passenger’s app such as login, push notification, support and messaging.
· Driver profile and status: Drivers have to provide extra verification such as their license and tax number when they register. Also, their status function should help them adjust their availability or schedule.
· Order alert: It helps to understand the new booking, payment, route, detail, etc. Should allow accepting and canceling orders.
· Navigation: It helps to suggest the best possible route towards passenger and onwards.
· Estimation: Help to know the order price with discounts.
· Reports: Help to look on trip status, wages, and payroll.
Below is some additional feature to consider while booking a taxi on the app:
· Spilt the bill: A recently updated feature of sharing the ride costs with friends.
· Request on the favorite driver: All of us develop a certain liking towards some peep. Some users want to hire their regular driver if he or she is working.
· Voice commands- When you are too busy to type then voice command should be there to help out.
· Waitlist- During peak hour’s users can add themselves on a waiting list instead of refreshing the app again and again in search for a ride.
Admin panel - Admin panel is a sturdy web app store, help to manage and review overall app activity. It should help to offer you a quick overview of all the given process like suggesting the best navigation for drivers and trips, manage total revenue and payroll process also collect data on your clientele for further development.
Development process and technology stack of building a mobile taxi app:
If you want to understand the custom solution then hire a taxi app developers for the project to know what goes into the development which is given following.
Geolocation and map - Uber uses GPS service to know the exact customer location, to display the cars in the neighbourhood and build the real-time navigation for drivers, even the fare is also calculated by proposed routing.
GPS technology plays a vital element an app’s. You only need to press the button and see how the vehicle approaches you. However, the things which stay behind is how much work goes into building such a smooth feature.
Below given is the technology which is used for IOS and Android app:
· Core location framework for region monitoring.
· Mapkit framework help to suggest the best real-time routes.
· IOS allows using Bluetooth beacon and Wi-Fi functionality to enhance location tracking.
· Google location service API helps to know the passenger location.
· Google maps android API to build routes, direction, and navigation.
· In both the cases, a good map is a substitute to API.
Development time - It takes approximately 160 hours to build an app like Uber which depends upon the developer's hourly rates given feature may cost.
$4,000 – $25/per hour.
$4,000 – $25/per hour.
Payment Integration - One of the biggest selling point of Uber is an app payment, which has reduced the need to look for bills and to wait for change by the taxi driver. Along with that passenger getting a pre-ride fare estimate to decide whether the passenger wants to take the ride or not. Dynamically pricing applies to the traffic situation and car availability. Below given are the four factors for a price quote like base fare, cost per km, and cost per minute, safe rides fare. You need to choose the optimal payment method to offer the in-app- payments our taxi app development company recommends one of the following:
• Apple pay and Google wallet
There are many payment gateways out there it's up to you which to choose for your app as longs as it is mobile friendly. Also, mind those processing fees which may add up quickly.
Design - Mobile app for taxi booking should be simple, intuitive which provide all the information smoothly with required user steps. Below given are the key principle of having great UX/UI design:
Notification - Notification feature helps the passenger and driver to exchange the same information such instruction like pickup point, the arrival of time, etc. Also Uber has a simple in-built text messaging system for that a lighter version of chat app like WhatsApp. Along with that app should send out standard push notification of informing users for their ride details and drivers on the possible new orders. We highly recommend using firebase framework which is a cross-platform, offers sturdy functionality and enables faster development.
So, for wrapping up, we have given you some insights of create an app like uber with the help of taxi app developer. Now, it depends upon you to choose the development team who will make your app a reality, even though there are numerous tools for building software solutions, using them to create a taxi app which is ready to use with the user-friendly interface which is quite challenging even for the experienced developer.