With e-commerce becoming one of the strongest mediums behind the success of every small or large-scale venture and especially, with it changing the style of business to a significant extent, connecting to the customers has just become a cakewalk. While this new kickoff has made it a hassle-free experience for the customers, it has also opened up new dimensions for the company’s success. In such context, Magento e-commerce development has appeared as one of the most flexible e-commerce platforms, thereby paving in the way for more riches and fortune.
However, in an age when every other organization is on the vogue to prove its prowess before the customers, it literally makes sense to be updated with the necessary security measures. The fact that Magento services and sites are the natural targets for hackers to cash in on makes it very important for you to keep your system upgraded with the current patches available on air. Apart from saving you from several unwanted and regrettable situations, it will also help you retain the trust of your customers.
Now, in case you don’t have a perfect knowledge of what patches actually are, we are here to define it for you. Designed to improve any computer program or its row of supporting data, a patch, as a software, is meant to fasten up all the frailties and bugs that might be hampering your website. Addressing the existing problems in the software, Magento security patches are the best channel in use whenever it comes to fix such issues that might become a hindrance in safeguarding the security of the site.
Although Magento e-commerce development has a number of built-in security features, still there always remains a risk for it to be affected by new security issues at any point in time. This is where patches appear as a savior and make sure the website is safe from every possible threat. Also, in an era, when perfection is the main yardstick to be followed by every venture, the well-off features and components offered in Magento security patches are the most preferred gizmo sought after in every domain. Thus, it’s always recommended to install the patches on a quick note. The quicker you go for it, the better is the chance for your e-commerce site to be free from every viable bug.
Nevertheless, installing the patches might not be as easy as you think! Though you are always provided with certain instructions, still a single slip or error can make you start the entire thing from scratch yet again. When it needs quite a few rigorous steps to be adhered to, it also requires your patience to make sure you don’t miss out on a single stride. This post brings before you the exact guideline about the same.
The fact that Magento often requires more technical prowess than what you are savvy with is actually going to make this post very useful to you.
- Inquire into the version and take backup of the installation- Before you proceed, always remember to look into the version and make sure it’s the latest one. A message will be laid out in the admin panel showcasing the up-to-date version and you are required to go with the same. Also, you should always back up the installation for future reference. At the same time, taking a backup of the e-commerce store is also recommended, so that no incompatibility can take place at any point in time.
- Logging into SSH is important- This is the second most important step which you need to complete. However, it’s recommended to hire Magento developer for the same. Once you log in to SSH, you will be eligible for the next tread.
- Download the patch from its official site- As you already know which version is the best for you, waste no time to go its official site and download it from there itself. Here, Release Archive will help you log in to the site and gain access to the relevant patch.
- Get the patch registered in your system- Then, the downloaded file is required to be moved from the Magento directory to the tuber of the installation. At last, in order to make the file executable, you have to apply the patch accordingly.
- Flush the cache- This is indeed an important step! After you are done with the application, the cache of the store has to be scraped out instantly. This way, you will pave the way for an uninterrupted function.
- Examine the store- Last but not the least; you should always make sure that the patch is installed properly and it’s forking out the security patches as per requirement.
So, what are you still waiting for? It’s time for you to set aside all your confusions and go along with the above steps for your best interest.